Saturday, April 4, 2009

It is Finished

Well it's official, we are done breastfeeding. It's been 39 hours and I am still really sad! I did it gradually so I am not uncomfortable (I am wondering if I will be) Josie is just fine with it. She was losing interest anyway and with me gone until hours after her bed time last night Jeff and I decided it was time. I am excited to move on with life but this is a big step. It was such a HUGE part of my life for a whole year. I am now at a total loss of how to put her to bed. She like to read books, just not in my lap. So I don't know really how I am going to wind her down for bed. She would always go go go go then nurse and be ready to get in the crib. So I need some ideas..........

3 comments:

The Shoup Family said...

Sad! We are almost done too. I have mixed emotions about that as well. Since I am still nursing before bed, I don't have any working ideas, but was I was thinking about doing when I do stop is giving him a bath, or reading a book in his room (he won't really sit in our laps either), then having cuddle time with Mommy and Daddy. Let me know what you eventually decide to do and if it works!

Maisie said...

Have you guys tried doing a sippy cup with warm water right before bed as a wind down? We do warm milk right before bed, but I guess it's not so good for their teeth if you do that, so warm water?

jackson3 said...

I will try the warm milk idea tonight. the closer it gets to bed time the sadder i am getting! it is so strage.....