Friday, March 20, 2009

Two of my Favorite things........

besides God and my family are gymnastics and soccer, and I got to do both this week. I currently work very part time at the South YMCA teaching gymnastics. This week was spring break and I got to run a camp. It was so much fun. I had 10 girls all very eager to learn and they all made the week awesome. We worked on floor, beam, bars, vault and two of the girls had there standing back handspring by the end of camp. One of them below had never even taken a class, she was a natural. We are excited she will join us next month! The other girl comes every week to one of my classes. She is in foster care and just loves gymnastics!
Look below at her muscles. Can you believe she is only 8 years old. She is a natural talent!



I also get to be an assistant coach for a Varsity soccer team at a local private school. I just love it. We are only a second year team and lost every game last year. I think already just three weeks into the season we are in better shape and working harder than last year. (haha I don't really know that for sure I was not a coach, but oh boy do we run them into the ground) I have been running with them and I proud to say I have completed the 4 mile run every time we have done it!



The head coach has a son just a few months older than Josie and they come to practice to play with a couple of freshman girls who like to babysit. Wow what a great situation I have!

















We play our 1st game on Tuesday so I will keep you posted!



1 comment:

The Moffats said...

Yeah! Sounds like you are making some great connections and enjoying a few extra things!! :) So happy for you!