Friday, March 13, 2009

Thats what makes me so nice.......

My title is a line from a song in the musical Wicked. The Good Witch is giving a makeover to the Wicked Witch and and the Wicked Witch says, "oh you don't have too"..... and then the Good Witch says, "I know, that's what makes me so nice". I think it's funny because now when ever I do something for someone and they say, "oh you don't have to", I think.......... I know that's what makes me so nice! I am would be lieing if it weren't true sometimes. Not that I do nice things for people to be praised but it isn't nice to be sometimes. Most likely if you are reading this you know me and know that I moved a lot growing up and to honest I am nice person would take the ponytail holder out of my hair and give to a stranger if they even kind of looked like they needed one. That was how I tried to make friends every two years when I moved, by making people see that I would do ANYTHING for their friendship! That or begging them to let me tag along, or inviting myself. I had too, and I knew that or I wouldn't have any friends. I had an amazing childhood and got to see the world and have experiences that most people can't imagine, but I have never had a best friend. I say I wouldn't trade it all for one, but maybe I would. It's hard to break into people's lives. Most people live around some kind of family or friends who they have know for years and years. And lets face it those people always win when it comes to spending time. My mom started praying for me to have a friend when I born and never stopped. And now I look at my phone and the only people I TALK to are family, and subfinder. Thank goodness I have a texting plan and facebook :) That's how we communicate now I guess. How do you guys do it, have a friend who you talk to, spend time with, go shopping with or out to dinner, someone to talk to about your husband or babies? How do I try to make friends without pushing so hard, I can be pushy to the point of annoying I know, but it's really all I know and it worked in high school, but not anymore. I like being known as the nice girl, but I need someone to cry to as well! Maye I could put an add in the paper Hahaha! Ohhhhh or maybe I could invent a match.com for girlfriends :)

4 comments:

Maisie said...

LOL, that's hilarious! Match.com for finding friends. It's so hard to make friends and it takes tons of time and well...putting yourself out there. I've tried to hold onto the friends that I've made in the past but also have come to the realization that sometimes friends grow apart because lives change. I get so sad when that happens though. Most times I try to make a "date" with someone that I'd like to befriend, but casually to see if they respond. It's so tough! Hang in there. I'm your friend!! I'll talk to you =)

The Moffats said...

I'm just reading your post and laughing because I think we have all been there at some point. It is always hard to find friends...especially when you are in a new place and don't know many people. I felt very isolated in Charlotte for quite awhile but as time went on I made good friends through Bible studies, neighbors, etc. Just keep getting involved (you are doing a great job at that) and you will meet other moms and ladies who you can connect with. You always have Maisie and I :) I know it is hard with so much distance though! Hang in there.

The Shoup Family said...

I agree with Maisie and Laura. It's just hard for everyone, even when it looks easy. I think that after high school and college where you are in such a structured environment with pretty much the same people it gets even harder! I think that besides previous friends from both those situations and work, the only other friends I have made have been recently when Riley was born and I started going to a mom's group. There really isn't an easy way. Find other moms' though! They will be in the same boat :)

Krista said...

I feel you Danielle! Let's go to dinner or something soon!