Sunday, March 18, 2012

So Proud

                                            
 Josie has been in a gymnastics class since she was 10 months old.  She has continued with it and added a recreational cheer class last year.  I have coached cheer her whole life and she has grown up around the sport (yes I called cheerleading a sport) and cheerleaders.  Its no wonder its her favorite thing to do and so far won't try anything else. 

 So since she won't play soccer or be on a t-ball team, take a dance or ballet class, all things I'd love her to try. She has not had nay games or recitals for us to watch. Until Sat March 17th, 2012.  Josie and two teammates did a one min cheer routine.  They rocked it, all three of them did every bit of that routine, dance, jumps, cartwheels and even two simple stunts. Did I get it on video, nope, I was the coach so I was too busy telling them what to do and where to go.  Josie had her big moment when she bridged up and kicked over. (she can backbend kickover, but it made her too nervous and I wanted her to be comfortable)  It was awesome and I was soooooo proud, and dad, who was watching, had some tears in his eyes.  They preformed in front of parents, and all of the other teams of older boys and girls.  When Josie kicked over and stood up with such a proud look on her face, the gym went nuts, yelling and screaming.  It was awesome. Let me tell you I get a super proud feeling every time any of my teams are out there, but when it was my daughter it was awesome.  Wow, it was something I had never experienced before. I love her so much!
And don't worry, NO THE LITTLE CHEERLEADERS DID NOT WEAR THE TUMMY SHOWING UNIFORM!!! They looked cute in their full uniforms.  I just didn't get a pic of her in that one, this one is for dress up, don't tell my mom or Jeff but I think she looks pretty cute =) After the  show Josie and her teammates tried out for the competitive team. I am excited to coach them next year!

No comments: