Thursday, July 15, 2010

So whats changing?

Our normal everyday life. Jeff lost his job, his HR job. Like most aerospace companies in Wichita, Jeff's is cutting back. His job is going away. We are however very blessed that they offered him a different position. It is not something he wants to do, not at all. He has worked very hard to get where he is in his HR career, even obtaining a Masters degree in the field. He will be trying very hard to find another HR job, looking in Wichita, Colorado Springs, Denver and the Front Range. We will see where God wants us to be. For now he will be working 2nd shift 3:30-midnight. When he told me I cried.

We will never see him!

I will almost be a single mom!

How can we even sleep in the same bed, with him getting in at 1am and me getting up at 6?

It sounded sooooo bad! But how many people get laid off and then offered another job? We are blessed, soooo blessed. I am grateful for this, it just took some time. We will have to get a good plan and stick to it. In a month school starts and life will be CRAZY! I don't know how I am going to do it! I have heard that marriages fall apart with this sch. Will that happen to us? I don't want it too, I know we will work hard but I am nervous. Will Jeff and I be able to give Josie what she needs? I worry about that. I also have to face another due date, I would about ready to have a baby right now, oh man can you imagine this sch with a Josie and a newborn. God knew! I just have to remember that.


So a different life waits for us a week from Sat when we are back in Wichita. Guess we have a lot to be grateful for and lot to look forward too, who knows where we will go from here!

3 comments:

Liz in the Mist said...

Will be praying! I am back in KS now so please let me know if you need anything!

Maisie said...

In know someone that just got hired at the dish network he dept in Denver... Seems like they are always hiring :)

The Shoup Family said...

Wow! We will keep you in our prayers. I am sure that it will be tough, but you guys are going into it with the mindset of making it work, and I think that will help you a lot in the marriage and Josie departments!