Thursday, October 4, 2012

the boy is two months and the girl is 4 and 1/2

 Jack is two months now and seems to be older, well maybe I feel like he should be older.  This time around seems to be going slower than it did with Josie. Jack is a pretty big dude 13.5 lbs and 23 inches.  He is the same size as his sister when she was 4 months old. He is monster eating man and has given me an infection I cannot seem to get rid of.  Thank goodness it is only on one side cause I'd go crazy if I had to pump both sides all day.  Josie has been able to give him a couple of bottles and I love that he will take them (Josie refused) but I am ready to get back to full time nursing and get rid of this pain. 
 Having two kids is more difficult but Josie is such a big helper she makes it almost seem easier than one, cause when I need something she is a ready and willing helper.  It helps that she is rewarded with a barbie or an afternoon out to a movie.  Jack and Josie have so been very similar babies. They both like to be upright looking around,  preferring standing to any other position, both were/are holding their heads up by 5 weeks, both didn't really nap or need to, no fussiness, both mostly sleeping though the night by 2 months and both mostly happy babies.  Jack however HATES his car seat and driving.  I have pretty much gotten used to the screaming and poor Josie who has to sit next to him in back is always asking for the music to be turned up ;) She is always telling me how much she loves him and seems to be reacting very well to him as well.  She is great calming him down and playing with him in his bouncy seat while I shower or do other things I need to do. I am now very glad I have the age gap I do.  God knew what we needed. 
Josie was very excited to turn 4 and 1/2 this year, we have never even talked about the 1/2 birthday til this year when she was asking when it was and getting very excited about it.  We made cupcakes and called it good (though she asked for gifts, HA!!) Josie is super awesome!!! She loves school, she going to part time kindergarten at my parents church school and keeping up the kindergartners who go every day.  She is still doing gymnastics, which starting to get more serious as the coaches are looking to move to a more competitive program.  She is also still on a comp cheer team, and loving that.  This summer she began to love swimming, we went almost everyday, and is request swimming lessons.  She loves to play with friends and by herself, she is sooooo creative and her imagination is incredible.  I don't remember having so much fun with barbies, she comes up with the most fun games to play with them.  She also loves musicals and listening to show tunes on my ipod, she is always singing ALWAYS, though I don't think she will make it in the music industry.  If she not outside, at an activity or playing with a friend, you will find her in her room listening to Adventures and Oddessy and playing teacher.  She also is learning to love God and pray.  She is always praying for friends and family.  She saw me pain and stopped what she was doing to pray for me. She is growing up so fast and I love it because each new age is more and more fun and watching grow up is the best.  

No comments: