Monday, June 18, 2012

Fathers Day 2012

 For Father's Day this year we went 2 hours northwest to Breckenridge, CO.  It is a special place for us. We lived there for a year after getting married and would have stayed longer, had I not gotten pregnant with Josie so soon.  We like to go ski in the winter, but LOVE to visit in the summer.  Jeff and I both love to be outside and hike and we are trying to get Josie to love being active too.  Also when I was a kid my family would always spend a day at Breck every summer.  So I have memories of the Alpine Slide from when I was a kid.
 Jeff took her on her first ride, she was nervous for about 3 seconds before she was pleading with him the go faster, and then wanted to go again and again!!
 After sliding we took the chair lift up to the top of peak 8 and attempted to hike down.  We went down for about a half hour and decided it was just too far for a four-year-old and a 34 week pregnant lady, so we hiked back up to the lift and rode it down.  It was pretty and I am sure we will be trying it again next summer.
 Then we spent some time in town, walking around and dipping our toes in the Blue River. It sure was cold.

 We ate pizza at our favorite place that Jeff I come to every time we are back in Breck. It was a fun day, and we can't wait to snowboard this winter.

No comments: