Saturday, July 2, 2011

This baby turning into a little girl

My litte girl! Jos and the next door neighbor talk though their windows all the time, Its pretty cute!


I had been getting really excited that Joise is getting older, more fun and easier. Easier, like sleeping though the night, playing alone if I need to get stuff done, taking herself to the bathroom. Then I wake up and realize now we have have to deal with harder stuff like getting in trouble and disapline. Gone are the days when you can say, oh she's too little to understand. We had our first experience with trying to fiugure out if she is telling the truth, does she understand what the truth is?!?!


So she comes home from playing next door after an hour or so and is hiding somthing under her shirt. I ask her to show me what she has and she gets bashful and tries to hide from me. I get her to show me and see two dolls that do not belong to her. I ask her if she took them from her friend and she says no, my friend said I could have them. I ask her why she had to hide them under her shirt and she says, I didn't want you to see them. I explain that taking someone else's toys is wrong and we will have to take them back and say sorry. I ask her if she would like someone to take her toys from her room. Oh man, I wanted to make sure I did the right thing and that she fully understood it was wrong. So we took the toys back and sure enough her friend had given them to her. So I praised her for telling me the truth and she said well mommy I am only a three-year-old. She is way too smart!


I know this is only the beginning and more disapline is to come, more having to decide if I believe her/trust her. All I can really do is pray for her and Jeff and I as we show her how to act and behave.

No comments: