Monday, September 6, 2010

mommy (not this week, this week it's daddy)

"Hello my name is Danielle (well this week, I am posting on behalf of my husband so we will call it daddy guilt-oholic!) and I am a Mommy Guilt-oholic"


I had to do this, I know it's cheating but it is to perfect of a guilt story not to share, and it;s not me! This morning we were all at Wal-Mart and while I was shopping for food Jos was running around with dad. All of the sudden I hear my name being shouted and turn around to see my husband with no Josie. She had run away from him and he couldn't find her. He was freaking out. Trying to remember what she was wearing, wondering what to do, where to even start. I knew where she would be and shouted to him her clothes for the day and to go get some help, while I ran to the fitting room area. There she was looking at hats and glasses in the mirror not a care in the world. My husband is scarred for life I think, poor guy! We found him and he asked her why she ran away. She said, "I had to go potty" He told her to tell him next time and she said, "daddy I pooped" She had her very first accident in her pants and was embarrassed I think, so she was hiding from him. It was scary and I don't think he will be taking her back to Wal-Mart til she is 18 =) I know it will be hard for him to get over this guilt even though I tell him it's ok over and over!

2 comments:

The Shoup Family said...

So scary! I'm so glad that everything was ok. I hate how they can just disappear like that!

B In Real LIfe said...

I think I would have had an accident in my pants if (I mean when of course) that happened to me! :)

Thanks for sharing and for joining Bad Mommy Rehab...see you next week!!