Friday, January 22, 2010

An Invitation

She told me in October to expect an invitation in the mail. It would be a card and Via Christi would be on the outside of it. It would look like a card, not like a long skinny envelope holding a bill. She laughed after saying that, I guess too many people connect Via Christi to bills. October was a while ago, a month I didn't particularly like so I tried not to think about it much. She was right, that card came very unexpectedly and at a very bad time.

I got the invitation to my 2nd miscarriage funeral and burial (loss of my second child, if you ask me) the day I had surgery to remove my 3rd child. The very same day! It was awful, Jeff even cried, he doesn't cry. I didn't really know how to react. Jeff took it and threw it away. He didn't tell me that until last night. I had that miscarriage at the hospital, where they take them very seriously. This time it was a surgery center where I'm sure the child was tossed in the trash. I am torn about going or not, how can I honor one child I lost and not this one, or the first one for that matter. It's killing me. Jeff won't go and I don't think I can do it alone. Anyone want to go with me? No really, anyone want to go with me? It's next Friday afternoon, the 29th.

I just don't know what to do. I go back to the doctor on Feb. 2nd. A check up following surgery and infection. This one will be a little different though, we will see the blood work and figure out what to do next. I am nervous about it already, it is the same day I would have been starting my second trimester.

3 comments:

The Shoup Family said...

I wish I were in the area. I would go with you. I'm sorry that happened that way. How horrible. :(

Marla (keating) Beagley said...

Hi Danielle. I don't know if you remember me, but I went to Friends U. and we were in campus ministry together. Anyway, I stumbled upon your blog from someone else's blog, and recognized you. I am so sorry you had another miscarriage! I have had 2 myself and had 2 d&c's, as well. I am out of town next Friday, but I would have gone with you if I could! I will be praying for you and your family.

jackson3 said...

yeah this is my third, but i do have a healthy almost 2 year old girl. did end up having a healthy pregnancy? because i've had three they will start testing. i had 20 different blood test done and will get the results next tuesday. i am really hoping to get somthing back from this. alot of things are correctable, but then again more times than not there is just no explnation. after you have three your % to have more goes up tremendously. i just have to wait and see. thanks for the offer, i am trying to decide if i want to go or not. hard decision.