Tuesday, August 24, 2010

mommy rehab - a day late

I am so a mommy guilt-o-holic!

I am trying so hard to get used to our new (for now, hopefully not too long) normal. It is hard to be a part time single mom. I have to continue with life without Jeff at home. School started last week and so back to work in full swing for me and I am used to having some support after work, someone to talk to and share my day with. That is gone and I hate having to cram in all the "must do" things into evenings when I just want to hang out with Josie. No, I work all day (I love my job by the way, and there is another reason I feel guilty, not feeling guilty I work!) then I have to take care of things at home and I am sad that my Josie time seems so small. I don't know how to balance all of this. I feel like I can't give all of myself to each thing. I am feeling lost, just lost!

2 comments:

B In Real LIfe said...

SO glad you joined BMR...even a day late :)

When I'm doing the single mom thing I consider it a successful day if the girls are fed, in pajamas and asleep at the end of the day.

Give yourself some grace girl! You are doing a wonderful job of providing for your family during the day and caring for them in the evening.

GO YOU!

paiger said...

you are not alone! josh just started school again and he leaves early on mon, tues, and wed and doesn't get home until 11 PM. so i feel so rushed with the girls trying to get everything done. then when i get them tucked into bed, i sit there feeling guilty that i didn't spend enough quality time with them. and then i feel guilty that the house is wrecked! or that i didn't make the most nutritious dinner (ella had tater tots for dinner last night). i don't know how full time single moms do it. but it's all temporary. my mom told me one day that when we were little, there were days where she'd wake up and say "all i can do today is what i have to do today." josie's lucky to have a mom who loves her so much! keep up the good work!