Thursday, July 16, 2009

a little list

Of things we did this summer.......

My younger bro was here for just about two months and I want to remember some of the things we did, so that someday when we look back and say, "what did we do that summer?" we will have a record =)

~ We went to the playground and Drew helped Josie climb and slide. (josie loved to slide and called them lides) he pushed her in the swings for what seemed like hours.

~ We went swimming almost everyday and Drew always watched Josie for a bit so I could go down the big slide (lide)

~ We cooked ALOT! Drew and both love veggies and trying new things so we ate well! He baked every week. Cakes, cookies, lemon bars.

~ On the topic of food and eating, we both love doughunts and coffee and so we tried a new doughnut place every week.

~ We left Josie for her first weekend at G-mas and headed to KC for some baseball and waterpark fun. We stayed in a crappy hotel where the lock on the door pulled off when Jeff shut it too hard. A little scary but mostly funny. Drew and I had fun at the water park while Jeff layed out. (really he did, no slides for him)

~ Drew helped me take Josie on her first airplane ride to see grandpa for fathers day.

~ We did a week long gymnastics camp for kids. They loved Drew and one told him he was the coolest guy he ever met!

~Drew babysat a few times, put Josie to bed twice and watched alot of sesame street. He will never know how helpful he was!

~ Oh and to have a few nights off in the kitchen was amazing! (he even did the dishes)

~ We watched Burn Notice and Locked Up Abroad!

~ We waited in the theater for three hours to see Harry Potter.

~ Drew was always down for eating lunch out every once in a while, and even paid a few times =)

We had a lot of fun, and I know the summer is not over but Drew leaves tomorow and I am sad. I will miss having family around. (mine lives in Colorado) I will miss his friendship and company. I will really his willingness to eat dessert with me any time day or night! I moved away to go to college when Drew was in 1st grade and feel like I got to know him this summer. I have a ton of pictures from the two months he was here but you will have to see them on the facebook page for now due to a computer issue. Thanks Drew (or Doo if you ask Josie) for spending the summer with us and everything you did for me!

No comments: