Sunday, December 19, 2010

on the calendar

Christmas in KS and then again in CO!
Maybe I can try to inspire this little girl!


I was inspired today while watching the Ironman 2010 World Championships. I want to do it! The stories of the people who trained, tried, won, finished, failed were incredible. I love to compete and while I know I will never win it, I want to do it! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii and this would be such a perfect reason.




About this time last year I decided I wanted to run a half marathon. So I went out and ran 2 miles, it sucked and I thought well forget that. I eventually kept at it and in Oct I finished my first half. Now I KNOW I can do ANYTHING I work at. I have fallen in love with running, no it's not easy for me, yes some runs are hard and not fun, but I love it and I always will! So here I sit wanting to do this Ironman! Ask me in a few days after I swim a few a laps and I may have changed my mind. This time though, will be different, I know I can, with a little work do the swim! Oh and I guess I'm gonna need a bike =) So on my calendar for 2011........




Jan 15- Indoor triathlon YMCA Wichita, KS ( 500 meter swim, 6 mile bike, and 2 mile run)




April half marathon (13.1) somewhere in KS




June 5 first full marathon (26.2) in Steamboat Co




Aug 7 Ironman 70.3 in Boulder CO ( 1.2 mile swim, 56 min bike, 13.1 mile run )




I think it is a good place to start.




I WILL do a full IRONMAN!

No comments: