Friday, August 28, 2009

So Much Fun......

is my new job! I love love love it! Never in my life have I felt like I fit somewhere! This is it. I can see myself doing this job for years and years! I love the kids, the staff, my boss, and even (well so far) the parents. Everyday is new and everyday I teach the kids something they didn't know the day before. They are so expressive and excited about life. They try new things when I ask them to. Everyday I think I try something new and I know I learn from them. I already tear up thinking about the last day of school. It's a great feeling to be where God wants you to be! I know each day won't be perfect and I will face challenges and make mistakes, but WoW to love my job!

This week has been awesome. Topped off today with a pep rally, my girls did awesome! They have been working hard and it shows!

I am so messed up for loving my job even though I say goodbye to my little one every morning? I am awful for being happy that she is somewhere awesome with people who love her and take great care of her? She is doing really well. It is hard some days, to say goodbye! Some days she cries, but I feel at peace about the situation. Can I be a good Christian mom and work? I want so badly to find someone else in the same situation to talk with, to understand with. Why can't play dates happen in the evening some times? We need a WMOPS working moms of preschoolers =)

So much fun was also my mommy daughter date tonight. We picked up some happy meals and headed to park. We tried to shoo away the ducks as we ate fries (no apple dippers for us =) and then we hit the playground. Josie played hard. I love taking her to the playground. We swing and slide and climb and jump. So much fun. I love being able to play with her, and watch her grow in her strength.

Now I am sitting here totally on empty, ready for bed at 8:30pm, but excited for the rest of the school year....

2 comments:

Maisie said...

yeah! i'm so glad you like your new job!! it's TOTALLY okay to work and still be an awesome mom. there are SO many times when i want to go back to work for intellectual stimulation and less baby talk =)

The Shoup Family said...

You are not a bad mom. Don't let yourself feel guilty. You love your job and your little girl and you are making it all work. Good for you!